Explanation about the Seated Segway
The Seated Segway can be described as a mobility aid with Segway balance technique. It is also called a Segway wheelchair or Seated Segway. The balancing technique makes it possible to drive on two (parallel placed) wheels. The user only has to operate it, while the technique ensures that you remain perfectly balanced 100 times per second and therefore does not fall over. There are more and more products on the market that use balancing technology for a seated solution. Or does it look more like a mobility scooter? You tell me, because it's really nothing compared to anything else. It is a new innovative tool that is still largely unknown. We call it a Seated Segway because it is intended as a mobility product for people who cannot walk or can walk badly.
We work exclusively with the balance technology of the American brand Segway, the inventors of this technology. This Segway technique has been proven over the years to be very safe and reliable, which makes it a good platform for our aids. In addition, Segway's worldwide service model guarantees that your valuable product can still be maintained and repaired years after purchase. The Segway brand is the most well-known balancing technology brand and they are the inventors of it. That is why the name Segway is often used in popular parlance as a type designation. However, it is a unique and protected trademark.
So a Seated Segway always drives on 2 wheels and is therefore very compact and manoeuvrable:
- Because of the specific technique you can turn around your axis in small spaces (think of an elevator).
- The dimensions are comparable to a lightweight active wheelchair so you can easily drive through doorways or in confined spaces.
- In addition, the technique is so refined that you can move around in a very controlled way, for example in a busy shop.
- At the same time, the powerful electric motors offer the possibility to drive home at 20km/h on the cycle path.
- The large wheels ride easily over rough terrain and the balancing technique has no problems with off-road conditions.
- They are easy to transport with the car because the steering wheel, backrest and footrest can be folded away or removed.
- In addition to its functionality, a Seated Segway is also just fun to drive. They look modern and 'cool' so they are not stigmatizing!
A Seated Segway can be used on all kinds of surfaces, that's why it gives so much freedom. Of course there is a difference in possibilities, depending on the specific model and for example which tyres you use. But in general a lot is possible, usually the Seated Segway can handle more than the person who rides it.